Wednesday 27 July 2011

My Experiance in Krishna Conscious Life

I remember one instance when I helped my friend emotionally. She was my
senior colleague in office and was expecting a promotion in her job. I used
to encourage by saying she definitely deserved it. However, when the results
came out, she found that she was not nominated. She felt devastated, because
she had been expecting it for the last two years. I tried to counsel her by
telling how the material world is a Nasty place, no matter how hard you try
to make it good. Only God, Krishna, can notice the smallest good in us and
forgive millions of our mistakes. I consoled her by saying Krishna will definitely reward her some day.

One day I got an opportunity to talk to my boss and told him how she was feeling dejected. I said
she might lose her interest to work here and might leave the company. My boss became a little thoughtful, and after some time he informed the general manager about the situation. After about a week, the general manager called my friend and offered her the promotional letter. When she came back and informed me, I jumped high, feeling overjoyed. She could not believe that somebody could be so happy for her. She wanted to
offer me a treat but being a Hare Krishna devotee I could only accept some sweets as a token of her affection.

- Nisha Kanwar.

No comments: