Monday 16 January 2012

Kartik Experiences in Vrindavan


This years Kartik yatra to Vrindavan was from 22nd October to 4th November the yatra is over but the cracks on my feet are still not healed
We arrived in Vrindavan on 21st morning which was one day before yatra. I visited Krishna Balaram temple and prayed that I must be of some service to the devotees. When I was loittering around the temple premises one mataji called me to do the seva  of shining the huge  brass lamps which was to be kept near Radha Shyam Sunder which I did with all my strength and was happy rather proud to see them shining so brightly near the deities at night but later on I felt the Lord is just trying to give me little seva and see how I behave.
Once the yatra started and on the first day H.G.Madhavendra Puri Prabhu asked me to do the seva of  Deepdan {holding a candle so that others could light their lamps from my candle} I would like to thank H.G Madhavendra Puri Pr for giving me this service and thinking me to be capable of doing it
I had done  book distribution in the month 2009 but it was so great of  H G. GaurGopal Prabhu that he remembered to tell thousands of devotees in the month of  Kartik in a dham about this small incident of mine. Hearing about this makes me feel I must distribute more books this year not that he will mention my name in every yatra after this but.....
Performing the Govardhan Parikrama by foot,  at Kusum Sarovar we met MadanGopal Prabhu who guided us till the end of Parakrima  and showed us many places and explained about them. I could not forget the pain balm Madan Gopal Prabhu gave in the form of  harinam in Haridev temple. About 75% of my pain was gone after doing this.
Lastly I prayed for my good marks. On the day of departure early in the morning at 4:30 a.m we went to have last darshan of Goverdhan where it was so peaceful ,silent, cool and also feeling sad that this 15 days yatra has come to an end.

- Vanamali Dodeja.